Walk The Night – CASABLANCA REWORKS COMPETITION
Burn Studios, in conjunction with legendary 70’s label Casablanca (ahem, Donna Summer, The Village People, Parliament) and German disco behemoth Gomma are hosting a pretty great remix competition that you can get in on.
They’re offering up a track from the the newly released Casablanca Reworks EP, ‘Walk The Night’ by the Skatt Brothers, which was most recently twisted into a slightly different disco pretzel by The Phenomenal Handclap Band. Most praiseworthy, danceable remix with originality and creativity oozing out of its pores will get an exclusive Gomma Records release. Not too shabby, here’s what you have to do to get in on it:
1) Set up a Burn Studios profile by clicking the register button below. Already registered? – log in to your account below. By registering or logging in, you indicate that you have read and agreed to the Contest Rules. Read them here.
3) Get all up in it and make a remix happen!
4) Upload your finished version of ‘Walk The Night’ to your burn Studios profile.
5) Tag your version “CasablancaRMX” to enter the competition. You can enter as many tracks as you like.
Competition closes Midnight, 8th March 2012 (submissions after this date will not be eligible to win).
Winners announced 15th March 2012. Read a quick disclaimer here too.
Also, if you want a free download of that seedy disco redeux of “Maniac” by Moullinex and Peaches embedded above that manages to make Michael Sembello’s version seem a bit tame and puritanical, here’s what you’ve gotta do.
1) Set up a Burn Studios profile by clicking the register button below. Already registered? – log in to your account below.
2) Be one of the first 500 registered users, and download away!
Keep your eyes open for the rest of the Casablanca Reworks EP, which turns a bevy of disco inferno classics from the 70s and 80s on their heads ever so slightly. Gomma All Stars Telonius, Munk, Moullinex and The Phenomenal Handclap Band each contributed to project, as did the godfather of synth-pop, Harold Faltermeyer.