Johnny Jewel – Black & White / A Mix For Autumn
Johnny Jewel of Chromatics fame with a new mix made for us to enjoy this autumn/winter.
“It’s been a crazy couple of weeks…After Paris & Amsterdam…Chromatics flew from London to Australia for two weeks of festivals…Then Natty & I hopped on a plane from Brisbane…to Singapore…to Abu Dhabi…landing in Berlin 30 hours later in time to have breakfast with Ida…Symmetry played our first show that night opening up for Glass Candy in Berlin at Karl Lagerfeld’s book release party…Patron with Oko…then Night Flight to Quebec…Brazil in the morning…Glass Candy throws a party in Sao Paulo for Bazaar’s birthday. After looping the globe twice…We’re finally back in Montreal for one of my favorite times of year. It’s the end of Autumn, & all of the Reds, Greens, & Yellows have disintegrated into Black & White. Everything is buried by the snow…Perfect weather for locking yourself in the studio with a synthesizer & your favorite records…I put together a collage of songs that, for one reason or another…always remind me of Autumn.
Enjoy the music!
Tracklist after the jump.
01. Lamuka (Johnny Jewel Edit) / Zazou Bikaye Cy1
02. The Fading Faces / Symmetry
03. Nuit / Xeno & Oaklander
04. The President Is Gone / John Carpenter & Alan Howarth
05. Dans Mes Reves (Test Pressing) / Desire
06. One Night At The Raw Deal 12″/ Twisted Wires
07. Ceremony (16 Track Demo) / Chromatics Feat. Ida No On Lead Guitar
08. Stars & Houses (Feeling Without Touching 12″) / Glass Candy
09. It’s More Fun To Compute (Symmetry Edit) / Kraftwerk
10. Home Is In Your Head / His Name Is Alive
11. Alone In The Ring / Bill Conti
12. As We Could Ever / His Name Is Alive
13. Boy Girl / Blonde Redhead
14. Afraid / Nico